Remove this ad

Former 6th grade teacher admits sex with boy:

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Jun 15 13 3:00 AM

Tags : :

Former 6th grade teacher admits sex with boy:

CNN) -- A former sixth-grade teacher and mother of two pleaded guilty to having sex with a student, Southern California authorities said Friday.

Malia Brooks, who taught at Garden Grove Elementary in Simi Valley, pleaded guilty Thursday to three counts of lewd conduct with a child under 14, said Ventura County Deputy District Attorney Erin Meister.

The judge indicated that Brooks will likely receive a six-year prison term when sentenced on August 23, Meister said. Bail was set at $2 million for the 32-year-old Brooks, who remains in custody.

"Malia Brooks has a mental illness. For 31 years, she was a law-abiding citizen," her attorney, Ron Bamieh, said. "Something had to occur for her to drastically change who she was. It's not like she is attracted to 12 year-old boys."

Brooks agreed to the plea deal because she did not want to put the victim through a trial, Bamieh said.

A police investigation into allegations that Brooks carried on an inappropriate relationship with a male student began in February. Authorities say the relationship occurred during a four month period in 2012.

Brooks, who had been on administrative leave, resigned from the Simi Valley Unified School District earlier this month.

She was arraigned on charges Wednesday and plead guilty on Thursday, Bamieh said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/14/justice/california-teacher-sex-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

{ When we send our children off to school in the morning we don't expect that they will be engaging in sexual activity with one of their teachers. Regardless of why a teacher does something like this it is a breach of trust between parents and teachers. We entrust our children into their care and they slap us in the face.

Like most parents I have zero tolerance for such things but I can't help but wonder why some teachers do this? Were they pedophiles when they went to teachers college and hid it from everyone? What could happen to make a respected educator suddenly become a sexual predator? What is a suitable punishment for these people? This woman's career is over and she may be sentenced to six years in prison. I imagine that she will be an registered sex offender for the rest of her life. On the surface it seems harsh but our children must be protected from such people. Is this a fair and sensible punishment for this women? What do you think of it all?}

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 15 13 7:19 AM

Alright.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not defending anything. I'm merely expressing my personal experience.

Please pardon me, to any that find this offensive.

I was born with an accelerated libido. Sex was on my mind almost constantly from a very young age. I remember trying to think of ways to get my baby-sitters naked.

I would have loved to have such a relationship with a more mature woman, at any age from age ~4 on up.

I know it's politically incorrect to say so. But it's true.

I surely don't condone it. I believe minors should only "play doctor" with their age mates.

But I would have loved to have the intimate attentions of an adult woman at any age (& to this day).

////////\\\\\\\

That said, two other things.

Bill Maher said: - Of course there's a double-standard! There are two sexes!! -

I think indulging me as a boy would be totally different from exploiting a girl the same age.

I understand the law has to protect minors. That's fine, if not essential. But the male sex drive breaks the mold. It's just plain different.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 15 13 7:43 AM

While it is possible to abuse women, it is not possible for a woman to abuse a male.
If the boy can have sex, then he is a man and is not going to be harmed by it.
They role of teacher does have to be protected as a surrogate mother, but the sentence is too harsh in my opinion.
The loss of job was more than enough punishment.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 15 13 7:48 AM

"Don't some women (girls) like sex?" RM

If they don't, it's a deficiency in their lover.
It's the female that should initiate. And a minor girl and an adult, no good.

R5,
Almost. I've met some women I'm not sexually attracted to. The legal standard is: "no means no". Ironic that "yes" doesn't mean "yes".

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 15 13 7:52 AM

Rigby5 wrote:
While it is possible to abuse women, it is not possible for a woman to abuse a male.
They role of teacher does have to be protected as a surrogate mother, but the sentence is too harsh in my opinion.

That is extremely archaic thinking. Charles Mansons mother had sex with him, how'd that work out?

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 15 13 7:55 AM

Rose, they are sexual predators before they choose their career which is chosen with a purpose, priests, coaches, teachers, those who work in youth groups, etc., it gives them easy availbility, protection and are jobs of trust by the community.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 15 13 7:59 AM

RayMc wrote:
Don't some women (girls) like sex? Weren't there a couple of girls in school who were VERY popular even at a young age?

Yes we do and much more than we are given credit for. Those couple girls weren't doing anything that many girls weren't doing and some times those girls accused weren't doing anything at all, boy rumours, more than likely cause girlie turned him down, now he'll get back. Boys/men are as spiteful and revengeful as women.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jun 15 13 8:03 AM

katie5445 wrote:
Rigby5 wrote:

That is extremely archaic thinking. Charles Mansons mother had sex with him, how'd that work out?

There appears to have been plenty wrong with Manson's mother, but incest does not appear in anything I read.
In fact, the main problem seems to be a lack of physical contact, hugs, etc.

{ ...

Manson's mother was allegedly a heavy drinker.[2]:136–7 According to a family member, she once sold her son for a pitcher of beer to a childless waitress, from whom his uncle retrieved him some days later.[14] When Manson's mother and her brother were sentenced to five years' imprisonment for robbing a Charleston, West Virginia, service station in 1939, Manson was placed in the home of an aunt and uncle in McMechen, West Virginia. Upon her 1942 parole, Kathleen retrieved her son and lived with him in run-down hotel rooms.[2]:136–7 Manson himself later characterized her physical embrace of him on the day she returned from prison as his sole happy childhood memory.[14]

In 1947, Kathleen Maddox tried to have her son placed in a foster home but failed because no such home was available.[2]:136–7 The court placed Manson in Gibault School for Boys, in Terre Haute, Indiana. After 10 months, he fled from there to his mother, who rejected him.[2]:136–7

... }

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 15 13 8:14 AM

Look at this way adult brain, child brain, coercion is always involved. That's why little boys can't have sex with big girls, there is authority and no authority, they are not on an equal level of decision making. If it is okay for an 11 y.o. to have sex with a 30 y.o. they are also able to move out, get a job and need no parental guidance anymore. Right now my grandson is 10-1/2 and not allowed to cross the main road yet. On Manson, I read the DA's book, it was very detailed on Mansons horrid life, it didn't surprise me who he was, it was sick and digusting, abuse/torture and sexual acts with a child most of us don't want to think about.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 15 13 8:37 AM

katie5445 wrote:
Look at this way adult brain, child brain, coercion is always involved. That's why little boys can't have sex with big girls, there is authority and no authority, they are not on an equal level of decision making. If it is okay for an 11 y.o. to have sex with a 30 y.o. they are also able to move out, get a job and need no parental guidance anymore. Right now my grandson is 10-1/2 and not allowed to cross the main road yet. On Manson, I read the DA's book, it was very detailed on Mansons horrid life, it didn't surprise me who he was, it was sick and digusting, abuse/torture and sexual acts with a child most of us don't want to think about.
I read Vincent Bugliosi's book "Helter Skelter" a very long time ago, but I don't remember childhood sexual abuse.  But then again I found the prosecutor's book VERY unconvincing.
A much more believeable book on Manson was "The Family" by Ed Sanders.  His belief was that Manson was just following orders and was in charge of nothing and nobody.
Roman Polanski had infiltrated cults and exposed too much in "Rosemary's Babie", and that is why the Tate house had been targeted by them.  It was only by accident Polanski happened to be gone that night.
When Manson had been released from prison as a young man, he did not want to leave.  They had to use force to make him go.  He wanted to be back in prison.  He was the perfect fall guy.  Would a guy who wanted to get off, carve a swastika in their forehead in the middle of the trial?   I don't think so.  Prison was home to him, the only home he had ever really known.
And I think the prosecutor knew that Manson was a fall guy.
He played it all up, to make millions.

I agree that kids 14 are not ready to become parents, so it is ok to prevent them from having sex.
But you have no yet explained what great harm was done to him?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jun 15 13 9:00 AM

"Look at this way adult brain, child brain, coercion is always involved." k5

Nope.
If so, it's a matter of law, not fact.
The ancients drew the distinction this way:
malum prohibitum: wrong by prohibition
malum in se: evil; wrong by itself

But if as a 10 year old boy I'd been told:

inside the next room is a 25 year old woman. She will not speak to you. She will not initiate any action of her own. But she will allow you to touch her as you wish, she will do as you ask her to do, provided no pain or injury results, and you will never get in trouble for this

I'd have gone in there and wrecked that chick! She'd have walked funny, and worn an irremovable smile for a week!

I'm not even sure why I mention it, except that while it may always be illegal, it may not always be unwanted, or detrimental.

I think an adult woman teaching a boy about sex would be fantastic, when he's ready.
I've had to learn, at the expense of the women I've been with. It was a long, slow education for me. A 4 hour primer from a s a v v y adult would have been excellent for me, and for my age-mate lovers.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jun 15 13 9:13 AM

Of course you would, what boy wouldn't, touching boobies, penetration, orgasm, whoopee, that isn't exactly the same mind set as the adult molester. It's two sided just not whoopee, I got lucky and I can brag. I've always wondered is it really teaching? I was completely sexually naive, I had sex at 18 with my boyfriend of a year who was also 18 and a virgin, it was hot, we knew exactly what to in every way shape and form. Nobody taught anybody, maybe those who need teaching have sexual hangups.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jun 15 13 9:18 AM

Rigby5 wrote:
katie5445 wrote:
I read Vincent Bugliosi's book "Helter Skelter" a very long time ago, but I don't remember childhood sexual abuse.  But then again I found the prosecutor's book VERY unconvincing.
A much more believeable book on Manson was "The Family" by Ed Sanders.  His belief was that Manson was just following orders and was in charge of nothing and nobody.
Roman Polanski had infiltrated cults and exposed too much in "Rosemary's Babie", and that is why the Tate house had been targeted by them.  It was only by accident Polanski happened to be gone that night.
When Manson had been released from prison as a young man, he did not want to leave.  They had to use force to make him go.  He wanted to be back in prison.  He was the perfect fall guy.  Would a guy who wanted to get off, carve a swastika in their forehead in the middle of the trial?   I don't think so.  Prison was home to him, the only home he had ever really known.
And I think the prosecutor knew that Manson was a fall guy.
He played it all up, to make millions.

I agree that kids 14 are not ready to become parents, so it is ok to prevent them from having sex.
But you have no yet explained what great harm was done to him?

I found the book very convincing, as the procescuter he didn't have to go into Mansons sad life in such detail, it leaves thoughts of a defensive position. Before his book I thought Manson should get the death penalty, after the book I thought he should be in a criminal mental institution for life. That is quite an influence from a DA's book from one who sought the death penalty.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 15 13 9:26 AM

Another missing is there is always some type of relationship outside of the sex for the adult,, if you've noticed the boy/woman thing, they seem to want to marry and have your baby, it's more than the sex!

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 15 13 9:43 AM

" we knew exactly what to in every way shape and form. Nobody taught anybody, maybe those who need teaching have sexual hangups." k5

oh my
k5,
Understanding spindle goes in thimble, and being a skillful lover are two very different things.

For a virgin guy, finding the G-spot may be difficult (if he even knows to search for it). Knowing what to do once he finds it, not likely.

Female anatomy is complicated. Sensitive nerves are both internal, and external.
And it varies from woman to woman.

Oprah taught me something very useful about bringing a woman to orgasm.
Oprah said many guys think foreplay begins 30 seconds before penetration. Not so.
Oprah says foreplay for evening sex begins at the breakfast table; when she gets up to do the dishes, scrape the egg stuck to the frying pan, and he says:
Why don't you go into the living room honey. I'll clean up in here, while you read the paper.
Women tend to have a wider view of their sex partner than men do.
So guys, if you want a hot night in the sack, do the dishes for her first!

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 15 13 10:03 AM

"I was talking skill my dear, I missed nothing and neither did he!" k5

A skilled virgin? - gosh -
Not merely impressive, but virtually unimaginable!
" I've never cared about the damn dishes either, they got scraped off the table and I was on it. " k5

Your quarrel is not with me, it's with Oprah.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jun 15 13 10:08 AM

I am troubled by this particularly the relationship  - where the teacher has a duty of care to the pupil.  This does not include practical sexual assistance.

Coincidentally this case arose here:

Woman, 36, bears child of 11-year-old boy

5:29AM Saturday Jun 15, 2013 By David Fisher

An 11-year-old boy fathered a child after sex with a school friend's 36-year-old mother. Both the father and child are now understood to be in care after the principal at the boy's school raised the alarm.

"Must I do all the evil I can before I learn to shun it? Is it not enough to know the evil to shun it? If not, we should be sincere enough to admit that we love evil too well to give it up. "
                                -- Mahatma Gandhi --

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 15 13 10:13 AM

Y.t,
For a woman sexually engaging a boy, there shouldn't be sex that can lead to pregnancy. And if she's married, she shouldn't at all.

Allowing pregnancy to result from such encounter is irresponsible; unless she's independently wealthy, and will provide full-time care to the offspring while the boy graduates high school and college.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help